- We respect the sacred wisdom of each religion, spiritual expression and indigenous tradition.
- We respect the differences among religions, spiritual expressions and indigenous traditions.
- We listen and speak with respect to deepen mutual understanding and trust.
- We give and receive hospitality.
- We seek and welcome the gift of diversity and model practices that do not discriminate.
- We practice healing and reconciliation to resolve conflict without resorting to violence.
- We act from sound ecological practices to protect and preserve the Earth for both present and future generations.
- We seek and offer cooperation with other interfaith efforts.
- We maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct, prudent use of resources, and fair and accurate disclosure of information.
- We are committed to organizational learning and adaptation.
- Members of the Brookings Interfaith Council shall not be coerced to participate in any ritual or be proselytized.
United Religions Initiative, outline the guidelines we follow and the expectations we have for our interactions at BIC.